You are going to prepare a presentation on a topic we have not studied together in class.
Use google presentations, share your work with me once you have finished your exam.
Read carefully all my instructions, follow all my suggestions and you will be really successful!
If you happen to have doubts, write to me: email@example.com
Edward the Confessor
- Who was Edward the Confessor? When did he rule England? Why was he given this name? Say something interesting about him. What happened when he died? (1-2 slides)
Candidates to the English Throne
- Who were the 3 more important candidates to become King of England? Show pictures of them. ( 1 slide)
- What reasons did they have to be claiming the throne? Use sources to prove their ideas ( 2 slides)
- Who do you think is the best candidate to the throne? Explain why. (1 slide) Give your opinion using some of the following phrases:
I agree with … I feel that … I don´t think that…..
I have no doubt that / I’m certain that …
I’ve never really thought about this before, but …
Personally, my opinion is that … I strongly believe that….
I could be wrong, but … I’m absolutely sure that …
Battle of Stamford Bridge and Battle of Hastings
- Who fought in these two battles? Who won? What were the advantages and disadvantages each army had? Give details and prove ideas with sources (pictures, letters, documents, maps, etc) (3 slides)
- What is “The Bayeux Tapestry”? Why is it important? Find a source. (1 slide)
- A new period started in England in 1066. What was the name given? What did the new King do as soon as he got to London? (1 slide)
-Respect the number of slides
-DO NOT COPY AND PASTE! Use your own words
-Include sources (photos and documents to prove your ideas) Explain why the source is important.
-Submit your exam on July 6.
Here you can see what I am going to take into account to assess your presentation